Partner Sheila Schwager Receives 2014 Women of the Year AwardAdded by Sheila R. Schwager in News on December 30, 2013
Hawley Troxell is pleased to announce partner Sheila Schwager was named a 2014 Women of the Year honoree by the Idaho Business Review. Only 50 recipients were selected from more than 150 nominees by a panel of past honorees and Idaho women business leaders. Schwager is being honored for her leadership skills, achievements, and community involvement.
“Sheila is an exceptional attorney, mentor, community member, and mother. She is absolutely deserving of this special recognition and we commend her,” said Managing Partner Steve Berenter.
Schwager is co-chair of the firm’s bankruptcy group with a focus on creditor rights and bankruptcy. She represents consumer and commercial lenders involving the Uniform Commercial Code, federal and state lending laws, foreclosures, collections, workouts, and the defense of lender liability claims. She has been recognized in multiple legal directories, such as Chambers & Partners since 2009 for her work in bankruptcy and restructuring, and she received the professionalism award from the Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section of the Idaho State Bar in 2009. Schwager has also been the recipient of the Idaho Business Review Accomplished Under 40 award and the Women’s and Children’s Alliance Tribute to Women & Industry (TWIN) award. She currently serves as the secretary of the executive board of the Idaho Humane Society.
Schwager will be honored at an awards gala, along with the other Women of the Year recipients, on February 18, 2014. For more information visit the Idaho Business Review’s website http://idahobusinessreview.com/events/woy/.
More Recent News
- 05/12/20—Brad Frazer joins the Marketing Expedition Podcast: Privacy, Cybersecurity, and Protecting Your Brand
- 05/06/20—Attorney Adam Christenson, one of Idaho Business Review’s 2020 Accomplished Under 40
- 05/01/20—IRS and DOL Jointly Issue Final Rule Extending Time Frames: Benefit Plans, Plan Participants and Beneficiaries
- 04/30/20—Governor Little Announces Idaho Rebound Cash Grants Program
- 04/29/20—Webinar: Where Do We Go From Here: Landlord – Tenant Law in 2020