Partner Richard G. Smith Admitted to the Montana State BarAdded by Richard G. Smith in News on September 26, 2011
Hawley Troxell announces that Partner Richard G. Smith has been admitted to the State Bar of Montana. As a result, the firm will be able to better serve clients with legal matters in Montana.
Richard Smith, chair of the firm’s tax group, practices primarily in the areas of business, commercial and tax litigation, and general business representation. He has been involved as trial counsel for various corporate and utility clients in tax cases litigated in federal and state courts or tax appeal boards in various tax-related cases before the IRS and in Idaho, California, Colorado, Arizona, Oregon, Nevada, New Mexico, Washington, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Minnesota, Missouri, Iowa, and Illinois.
In addition, Mr. Smith is engaged in a broad tax planning practice, assisting clients in structuring transactions and business relationships and in dealing with tax issues that arise in the course of business. He also has handled cases involving a wide variety of business and commercial litigation at the federal, state, and administrative levels.
Smith received his J.D. cum laude from Georgetown University. He earned both a B.S. summa cum laude and a B.A. from the University of Idaho. Smith also is a Certified Public Accountant.
More Recent News
- 01/01/21—Hawley Troxell Equity Partners Re-Elect Stephen R. Thomas and Nicholas G. Miller to the Board of Partners
- 01/01/21—Attorney Kyle Brekke Joins Hawley Troxell
- 01/01/21—Attorneys Mindy Muller, Ben Ritchie, Marvin K. Smith, and Brent R. Wilson Named Partners
- 12/30/20—Boise Metro Chamber Announces New Board Leadership
- 12/07/20—2020 Gift and Estate Tax Planning Alert
- No upcoming events.