ISB Features John Ashby’s Article “EEOC Enforcement Guidance Expands Protections Against Pregnancy Discrimination”Added by John Ashby in Articles & Publications, Employment Law on February 27, 2015
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) recently released enforcement guidance related to pregnancy discrimination (the “Guidance”) 1 over the vocal dissent of two commissioners. The Guidance, which offers the EEOC’s interpretation of the Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), represents the first time since 1983 that the EEOC has offered its official position on the obligations imposed on employers with regard to pregnancy in the workplace.
This article was featured in the The Advocate – Official Publication of the Idaho State Bar Volume 58, No. 1, January 2015. Click HERE to read the full article!
More Employment Law Blog Posts
- 01/26/21—Employee Benefit Reminders for the New Year (most of which are non-COVID related)
- 12/22/20—Your Business’s Legal Rights: Guidelines to the COVID Pandemic and Non-Compliant Customers
- 07/08/20—A Lot Is Happening: It Is Important To Stay Awake At The Wheel With Your Benefit Plans
- 06/17/20—U.S. Supreme Court Extends Title VII Protections to Sexual Orientation and Transgender Status
- 05/08/20—Things to Consider When Employees Return to Work
- No upcoming events.