ISB Features John Ashby’s Article “EEOC Enforcement Guidance Expands Protections Against Pregnancy Discrimination”Added by John Ashby in Articles & Blogs, Employment Law on February 27, 2015
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) recently released enforcement guidance related to pregnancy discrimination (the “Guidance”) 1 over the vocal dissent of two commissioners. The Guidance, which offers the EEOC’s interpretation of the Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), represents the first time since 1983 that the EEOC has offered its official position on the obligations imposed on employers with regard to pregnancy in the workplace.
This article was featured in the The Advocate – Official Publication of the Idaho State Bar Volume 58, No. 1, January 2015. Click HERE to read the full article!
More Employment Law Blog Posts
- 06/17/22—Form 5500 and Other Retirement/Benefit Plan Reminders and Developments
- 01/04/22—Large Employers Should Prepare to Implement OSHA ETS Policy by January 10th
- 07/15/21—Employee Benefits Alert
- 04/16/21—COBRA Subsidy Update: DOL Issues Model Notices and FAQs
- 04/02/21—Benefits Provisions of the American Rescue Plan Act
- No upcoming events.