ISB Features Article “A Sea-Change Year for Federal Contractor Employers: Revised Regulations and New Executive Order Obligations”Added by Hawley Troxell in Articles & Publications, Employment Law on February 26, 2015
Federal contractor employers have special obligations with which to comply—not just with nondiscrimination and equal employment laws that are applicable to most private sector employers, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964,[i]—but also equal employment and affirmative action laws put in place to improve employment opportunities for individuals who were traditionally underrepresented in various employment positions, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.[ii]
This article was featured in the The Advocate – Official Publication of the Idaho State Bar Volume 58, No. 1, January 2015. Click HERE to read the full article!
More Employment Law Blog Posts
- 08/06/19—Compliance Assistance Guides Released by the OFCCP
- 07/23/19—3 Issues Companies With 401(k) Plans Must Have On Their Radar
- 06/10/19—Getting the Most Bang for Your Buck Out of A Severance Release
- 05/28/19—Social Media and the NLRA: Can An Employer Fire Someone Over Social Media Posts?
- 05/28/19—Department of Labor on Employer-Sponsored Volunteer Programs and Their Intersection With the FLSA
- 09/18/19—State of the City Address
- 09/20/19—55th Annual Meeting of the Idaho Association of Defense Counsel