SIGNIFICANT REPRESENTATION & EXPERIENCE
Leasing. Justin represents both landlords and tenants in commercial leasing, ranging from preparation and negotiation of leases, providing counsel to help landlords manage tenants during the term of the lease and assisting landlords retake possession of leased premises through negotiations or evictions.
Acquisition and Disposition of Real Property. Over the past several years, Justin has been involved in numerous commercial property acquisitions and dispositions ranging from several hundred thousand dollars to multi-million dollars, providing due diligence, title, and closing assistance.
Entitlements. Justin has assisted developers and property owners in pursuing government permits, approvals and entitlements, and negotiating and drafting restrictive covenants, easements and maintenance agreements.
Homeowner’s Associations. Justin assists HOAs and members in the interpretation and enforcement of CC&Rs, Bylaws and other governing documents to allow for the efficient operation of HOAs and in the resolution of disputes between HOAs and members.
- Represents Valley Regional Transit in real estate and grant management.
- Represented the Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce in the negotiations, development and acquisition of its new office space in Pioneer Crossing.
- Represented developer to secure necessary governmental approvals for development of Carl’s Jr. in Nampa, Idaho and successfully defended subsequent appeal to district court by neighbor.
- Represents local engineering company in commercial leasing across the nation.
- Represented property owners regarding annexation rights and negotiating terms of annexation agreement with City of Meridian.
- Represented lender to correct title defects in land securing loan and work out of loan with borrower.
- Represented landowner in Northern Idaho to correct title issues, including lack of legal access, and divide property for sale.
- Represents property owner to ensure quick and cost-effective possession of real property post-foreclosure, from negotiating terms with occupants to seeking unlawful detainer.
- Handles real estate needs in Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, and South Dakota for regional bank, including leasing and acquisition and sale of real property.
- Represented a member of a local HOA in a dispute with a neighbor regarding the rights of the architectural committee and the rights of an appeal from the architectural committee’s decisions.
Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D. cum laude, 2008
Weber State University, B.A. Psychology, 2004
Idaho State Bar Real Property Section
Idaho State Bar Real Property Section – Form Book Committee
Building Owners and Managers Associations of Idaho (BOMA Idaho), President 2019-2021
Community Associations Institute (CAI), Idaho Chapter
Idaho Foodbank – Statewide Committee for A Fresh Approach
Idaho Business Review’s Accomplished Under 40, 2018
Idaho Business Review’s Leaders in Law – Associates, 2017
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
COVID and Commercial Real Estate Leasing, 2020
Financing of Main Street Station (Public-Private Partnership), 2017
“Changes are Ahead for Boise’s Impact Fees“, Hawley Troxell Business Newsletter, July 2016
Title Insurance Issues Triggered by Conveyance of Title, 2016
An Overview of the CERCLA Bona Fide Prospective Purchaser (BFPP) Defense, 2015
Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act of 2009: Overview and Compliance, 2011