DOL Issues New Interpretive Guidance on Misclassification of Independent ContractorsAdded by Hawley Troxell in Employment Law, News on July 15, 2015
On July 15, 2015, the U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division (WHD), issued new interpretive guidance on proper classification of employees and independent contractors, Administrator’s Interpretation No. 2015-1. The DOL cites misclassification of employees as independent contractors as “one of the most serious problems facing affected workers, employers, and the entire economy.” The interpretive guidance includes examples and case support for determining when a worker is an employee or an independent contractor.
More Employment Law Blog Posts
- 04/16/21—COBRA Subsidy Update: DOL Issues Model Notices and FAQs
- 04/02/21—Benefits Provisions of the American Rescue Plan Act
- 03/30/21—American Rescue Plan Act and FFCRA Leave
- 01/26/21—Employee Benefit Reminders for the New Year (most of which are non-COVID related)
- 12/22/20—Your Business’s Legal Rights: Guidelines to the COVID Pandemic and Non-Compliant Customers
- No upcoming events.