DOL Issues New Interpretive Guidance on Misclassification of Independent ContractorsAdded by Hawley Troxell in Employment Law, News on July 15, 2015
On July 15, 2015, the U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division (WHD), issued new interpretive guidance on proper classification of employees and independent contractors, Administrator’s Interpretation No. 2015-1. The DOL cites misclassification of employees as independent contractors as “one of the most serious problems facing affected workers, employers, and the entire economy.” The interpretive guidance includes examples and case support for determining when a worker is an employee or an independent contractor.
More Employment Law Blog Posts
- 08/06/19—Compliance Assistance Guides Released by the OFCCP
- 07/23/19—3 Issues Companies With 401(k) Plans Must Have On Their Radar
- 06/10/19—Getting the Most Bang for Your Buck Out of A Severance Release
- 05/28/19—Social Media and the NLRA: Can An Employer Fire Someone Over Social Media Posts?
- 05/28/19—Department of Labor on Employer-Sponsored Volunteer Programs and Their Intersection With the FLSA