United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Issues New I-9 FormAdded by Brad P. Miller in Employment Law, News on March 19, 2013
On March 8, 2013, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services issued a revised form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Employers have a two month grace period to use the prior version of the I-9 form. On May 8, 2013, the use of the new version of the I-9 form will become mandatory. Any employer failing to use the correct version of the form can be subject to civil penalties. The new form contains more clear instructions on how to complete the form, has a revised layout and contains new data fields. The revised form I-9 can be found here.
If you would like more information, please contact our Employment and Labor Group at 208.344.6000.
More Employment Law Blog Posts
- 08/06/19—Compliance Assistance Guides Released by the OFCCP
- 07/23/19—3 Issues Companies With 401(k) Plans Must Have On Their Radar
- 06/10/19—Getting the Most Bang for Your Buck Out of A Severance Release
- 05/28/19—Social Media and the NLRA: Can An Employer Fire Someone Over Social Media Posts?
- 05/28/19—Department of Labor on Employer-Sponsored Volunteer Programs and Their Intersection With the FLSA