Deadline Delayed for Health Care Reform Notice to EmployeesAdded by Hawley Troxell in Articles & Publications, Business Law, Employment Law, Health Law on February 7, 2013
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires employers to provide a notice to all employees explaining the availability of the health insurance exchanges that will be established under the ACA as of January 1, 2014. Although the ACA requires this notice to be provided by March 1, 2013, the Department of Labor (DOL) recently extended the deadline. The DOL did not provide a new deadline but indicated that it expects the deadline will be late summer or fall 2013, coordinated with open enrollment for the exchanges. The DOL also indicated that it is considering providing a model notice.
For more information about this or any employee benefit issues, please contact a member of our Health Law Group or call 208.344.6000.
More Corporate Law Blog Posts
- 02/02/21—CDC Extends Eviction Order Until March 31, 2021
- 01/04/21—Extension of CDC Eviction Order
- 12/22/20—Your Business’s Legal Rights: Guidelines to the COVID Pandemic and Non-Compliant Customers
- 12/07/20—2020 Gift and Estate Tax Planning Alert
- 10/21/20—New Idaho Supreme Court Decision Allows Debtors to Use a Creditor’s Violation of the One-Action Rule as a Sword, Not Just a Shield.
- No upcoming events.