Merlyn Clark Accepted Into The Academy Of Court Appointed MastersAdded by Hawley Troxell in News on April 21, 2011
Hawley Troxell partner Merlyn W. Clark was accepted into the Academy of Court-Appointed Masters, an independent organization of experienced masters who serve in both federal and state courts. Masters assist judges with administration of complex, multi-party cases, and class actions. Masters are often appointed to monitor discovery and resolve time-consuming disputes, particularly with the growing burden on courts caused by electronically stored information and related discovery problems. They may also be appointed to assist the court with technical and specialized issues. As judicial adjuncts, special masters can markedly reduce the burden on a judge and the judge’s staff.
Merlyn Clark is a senior litigator, an experienced arbitrator, and certified professional mediator. He focuses his practice on complex civil litigation involving real property, contract and commercial law, business entities, and employment law. He attended the Sedona Conference Institute for Mediators and Special Masters on discovery of electronically stored information. Mr. Clark has argued more than 25 cases to the Idaho Supreme Court. His practice includes alternative dispute resolution as an advocate for clients and as an arbitrator and mediator. He is on the roster of mediators for the United States District Court of Idaho and the Idaho state courts. Prior to joining Hawley Troxell, Mr. Clark served as prosecutor, Nez Perce County, 1974 to 1976.
More Recent News
- 05/12/20—Brad Frazer joins the Marketing Expedition Podcast: Privacy, Cybersecurity, and Protecting Your Brand
- 05/06/20—Attorney Adam Christenson, one of Idaho Business Review’s 2020 Accomplished Under 40
- 05/01/20—IRS and DOL Jointly Issue Final Rule Extending Time Frames: Benefit Plans, Plan Participants and Beneficiaries
- 04/30/20—Governor Little Announces Idaho Rebound Cash Grants Program
- 04/29/20—Webinar: Where Do We Go From Here: Landlord – Tenant Law in 2020